Monday, March 17, 2008

Pregnant?

NO! NOT ME!!! (Not yet, anyway!)

Some of you know about the new calling God has put on my heart, but for those of you who haven't heard, I'm currently getting certified through DONA International as a birth doula. A doula is basically a childbirth coach whose sole purpose is to provide emotional and physical support to women during their labor and delivery. Eventually I hope to use my passion and education to bless mothers in unplanned pregnancies who made the couageous decision to carry their babies rather than choosing to terminate their pregnancy. But before that can happen, I have to finish my certification, which includes providing doula service for three moms. Here's where I need your help: If you know anyone who is expecting who would be blessed by having a doula present during their birth experience, please give them my name! I'd love to talk to them, and if we're a good fit I'm willing to provide my services for free. Doulas are great for every kind of birth, including hospital, home, and birthing center births, unmedicated, epidural, even c-section! So, spread the word! I can't wait to find families!
Thanks!!!

No comments: